Friday, January 14, 2011

One Wall, Two Walls, Three Walls, Four Walls...

I am officially tired of being in my house!  At first being unemployed was a nice vacation from the long hours I had to put in at work.  Then being unemployed was nice while I was dealing with cancer recovery.  And with all of the doctors' appointments this month, it is nice not having to beg for time off, but I am sick of seeing the inside of this house.

I am still afraid to push myself too hard.  I went up to my shop for the first time this week and was able to tell when I was coming close to doubling over in pain and able to stop before I did, thus saving me another two or three weeks of sitting around immobile waiting to heal for the one thousandth time.  See, I do eventually learn not to over do it.  But I am limited on things to do in my shop because my marine projects are all fiberglass, and messing with them while it is this cold can cause some serious cracks and greatly increase the scope of those projects.  The non-marine projects are behind the marine projects, and I know if I try to push projects around in my shop, like I normally do for the winter, I will also push my insides through my incision.  So, although I am enjoying what little I have been able to do in my workshop, I am itching to do a lot more.

I have been Wiiing up a storm, though, trying to lose weight.  Today I was "helped" by a basenji, which doesn't work too well when I am moving like a cokehead doing the "Cabbage Patch" trying to get the EA Sports game to recognize my "Kick Ups".  The dog decided he needed to be right next to me during whatever exercise I was doing.  Then the abused basenji, who likes being around the non-abused basenji, comes down to see where he is while I am doing the "Combo Boxing" portion of my Wii exercise routine.  I don't know if she was hit by a Wiimote as part of her abuse before we got her, but I do know she flinched every time I did that motion, which required me to do that exercise in slow motion, while my trainer yelled at me, and abused basenji cocked her head trying to figure out if I just had a stroke or something.

Wiiing is about the only exercise I can do right now.  We have lots of exercise equipment, that normally sits in front of the fireplace we don't burn wood in, but got repaired in case we ever want to burn something in it again.  The problem is, they didn't completely repair it.  So I can't put the equipment back until they finish what they are supposed to do, then I have to clean up after them, then slide all the equipment back, which will probably result in my pulling something, and not being able to use said exercise equipment.

So, I don't know what to do now.  I have pretty much surfed everything I have ever wanted to surf on the internet.  I think I have seen everything there is to see on cable.  And I have been playing my American made, 24 fret, double cutaway PRS so much that I feel like I have dimes taped to the end of my fingers.  I still enjoy doing that, but I am making a lot of typos with my left hand since I can't feel my finger tips.  I am hoping one of my job opportunities comes through soon, not just so I can finally get out of this house, but so I can quit getting the "Have you heard anything..." questions.  Until then, I guess I will keep surfing, Wiiing, and watching crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment